Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Mensa

I am now officially a member of Japan Mensa. Pretty sure I'm the only black member too, which is kind of funny.

I took the test and joined American Mensa and Mensa International a few months ago.

I am not especially interested in high IQ societies as a concept. I took the test as a personal challenge and did not assume I would pass. When I did and saw the cool discounts membership offers, I decided to join.

IQ is an interesting thing. I believe that it does matter, even if our tests are flawed. Intelligence is extremely relevant to social policy and our understanding of human behavior. I read The Bell Curve a while ago and found it compelling.

At some point I may write up a whole thing about intelligence, genetics, and the political implications of their relationship.